I wasn't going to post this until tomorrow, but the press release when out today and my inbox is flooding. So here's the info:
Creating an Illustrated Children's Book:
Tuesday June 28th, 2:00 PM-4:00 PM Writers Unite to Fight Cancer will present: Creating an Illustrated Children’s Book, in Gilbert, AZ.
(DON"T WORRY. For all who can't make it I'm going to post my notes and try to upload my slide show presentation. Make sure you follow so you don't miss it.)
This fun informational workshop panel includes:
· Cindy R. Williams author of the double award winning Chase McKay Didn’t Get Up Today will teach story boarding.
· Patti Hulet 2007 Arizona Teacher of the Year. She is the librarian at the Playa del Rey School in Gilbert and mentors a writing club and will instruct narration.
· Cynthia Roedig wrote, illustrated & produced Ginger Boy and the Silver Lariat. She will give insight on the process from beginning concept through end product.
· Deirdra Eden Coppel, author, illustrator and Enhanced Multi-Media Content (EMC) expert, will teach about choosing and hiring an illustrator, and how EMC content is going to change your career as an author.
· Linda Kush of Emerson Press will bring examples of full color illustrated books from her printing press.
· Cecily Markland author of If I Made a Bug, and president of Inglestone Publishing will discuss publishing opportunities.
One dollar from each Writers Unite to Fight Cancer author’s book sold at this event in will benefit the Adam McCain Medical Expense Fund. Adam is a sweet four-year-old boy with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia from Mesa Arizona.
Writers Unite to Fight Cancer is a philanthropic group of authors who raise money for Cancer Research and other cancer related causes. One in three people will develop Cancer s
ometime during their life. Fifteen hundred people die of cancer every day. Writers Unite to Fight Cancer strive for brighter tomorrows by donating to cancer research today. We welcome all interested writers to join our group.
Bummer- I live in Wyoming...ReplyDelete
This sounds so awesome!and it's for such a great cause. I just wish I lived closer. Blessings, JoanneReplyDelete
Deirdra ~ do people need to RSVP or register for this or something?ReplyDelete
This sounds like a wonderful function. I hope you get a good turn out. Wish Ohio wasn't so far away.ReplyDelete
Thank you for the award and wonderful comment you left on my A Shade of Whimsy page!!ReplyDelete
This sounds like something I would love to participate in but can't - I live in Canada -a bit of a drive!ReplyDelete
No need to RSVP. And don't worry, if you can't make it I'm going to post my presentation here later.ReplyDelete
That sounds amazing! What a great opportunity!ReplyDelete
And thanks so much for the award!
I really, really enjoyed this. The humor works brilliantly, and the animation is much better than I had imagined. The way you have “blended” (hehe) it all together makes this look like a solid, whole product, as good as any Pixar short. Probably better. But then again: That’s my opinion.ReplyDelete
we offer cheap ed hardy up to 35%-65% off, ed hardy ed hardy is a kind of street style clothing online store, they are all the newest and cheap ed hardy.
Sounds fascinating, but a bit too far from the Great White North. Uh, make that the Great Green North. It is summer time up here.ReplyDelete
This sounds great. Guess I'll be checking into your blog. I believe your notes will help me.ReplyDelete
Great workshop today!! Thanks!ReplyDelete